PAYE Rates and Deadlines
Most businesses that don’t have access to payroll software that sorts out enrolment calculations and submits them on the company’s behalf, tend to use HMRC Basic PAYE Tools (BPT) to manage their payroll. If that’s the case, the following information about PAYE rates and deadlines will help you meet your automatic enrolment duties.
The best place to find all the necessary up-to-date, accurate PAYE information to operate your payroll, meet your auto enrolment obligations, and apply the relevant expenses and benefits to your employees is the government’s website hmrc.gov.uk.
The PAYE rates to use when calculating the relevant expenses for the 2015 to 2016 tax year, can be found here.
The PAYE rates for the 2014 to 2015 tax year can be found here.
Important PAYE Deadlines
HMRC has introduced penalties for employers who file inaccurate or late PAYE reports, so it’s essential, if you’re filing your payroll information manually, that you file accurate reports by the following deadlines.
- 19 May 2016 – is the deadline for the submission of your P14 or substitutes, and the last date for your P35 to reach your HMRC office.
- 31 May 2016 – is the last date to give a P60 form to each employee who was working for you as of 5 April.
- 6 July 2016 – is the last date for form P9D and P11D or substitutes, and Class 1A NI contributions on form P11D(b) to reach your HMRC office. You must also give a copy of form P9D, P11D or equivalent to each employee by this date.
Payment of monthly PAYE/NI contributions must be received by:
- Electronic payment – Must be cleared by HMRC’s bank account by the 22nd of the following month (or the last working day before the 22nd of the following month).
- Postal payment – Must be received by HMRC by the 19th of the following month (or the last working day before the 19th of the following month).
Payment of quarterly PAYE/NI contributions must be received by:
- Electronic payment –
- Quarter 1 must be cleared by HMRC’s bank account by 22nd July
- Quarter 2 by 22nd October
- Quarter 3 by 19th January
- Quarter 4 by 19th April (or the last working day before the deadline in the applicable month).
- Postal payment – The same deadlines apply as above, although rather than being cleared, the payment should be received by HMRC on or before the quarterly dates listed.
How can Primo Umbrella help your company?
Primo Payroll is an easy to use, fully automated PAYE solution that ensures your reports are submitted on time. Data input is intuitive and straightforward, with on the fly payroll calculation as you enter the data. Most importantly, Primo Umbrella keeps up to date with the latest PAYE legislation so you never need worry about non compliance.
For more information about how Primo Payroll can help you, please get in touch with our support team today.